As a company and network, we are active in the areas of building future-oriented, digital and regenerative infrastructure. Our team provides on-site support to our international customers in the areas of offshore wind energy, route construction (mast and concrete construction), 5G mobile phone masts as well as production supervision and project management. Our colleagues are experienced experts in their field. This way we can be sure to solve the challenges of our customers individually.
As a new colleague, you can expect a creative and dynamic team in a growing company with exciting tasks. Personal initiative and thinking, changing and shaping are expressly desired. Individual social benefits and above-average pay are standard with us. If you would like to join our team, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are a flexible and motivated team that values independence and individuality.
The Head of Engineering, Research and Development has strategic overall responsibility for the design and engineering department. He or she is the line as well as the administrative supervisor of the department. His or her scope of responsibility comprises the provision of the necessary internal and external resources for implementing the technical work packages in the current projects.
This includes, amongst others, structural framework planning, structural steel construction and engineering. The Head of ERD is responsible for technical monitoring and advising the employees in all above matters, and assists sales and the project management in the scope of offer preparation and/or project implementation with preparing technical concepts.
In addition, he or she is responsible for the smooth progression of all processes in the departments he or she is responsible for.
The Head of ERD is responsible for and organises all activities in the design and engineering department that are required for fulfilling the contractually agreed services of the projects or research projects (ERD). In doing so, he or she has budget responsibility for the design and engineering department.
In close cooperation with customer, the Head of ERD assists with the selection of external partners for unit and engineering services. He or she has a proposal and veto right in the selection of external service providers and the appointment of the design and engineering manager.
The Head of ERD has the authority and the duty to monitor all design and engineering activities that are required to meet the obligations towards the company and the projects. He or she is authorised to assign the corresponding activities/tasks in the scope of implementation.
- Defining work packages for design and engineering and their interfaces
- Reviewing all relevant documents including parts of the contract to assist sales in the offer phase
- Assistance with the offer preparation on request of the offer manager regarding design standards and specifications
- Defining the internal workload for design and engineering (hours)
- Estimating the extent of external deliveries and services (hours, budgets, quantity structures) for design and engineering as basis for obtaining and rating offers
- Evaluation and analysis of offers made by suppliers and service providers
- Assistance with make-or-buy decisions
- Review of the design and engineering items in the offer
- Comprehensive coordination of all internal and external activities and work processes in the design and engineering department during the project implementation phase
- Assisting with project implementation by timely dispatching design and engineering managers to the respective project team
- Providing the necessary templates, methods and system structures for fulfilling the department's tasks
- Monitoring, observing and optimising the scheduled dates, costs and quality of the work packages in the design and engineering department.
- Ensuring the transfer of information between all relevant work packages and with all other departments in the company
- Concurrent resources planning for structural framework planning, structural steel construction and engineering.
- Planning and coordinating the further product development concerning structural framework planning, steel construction and engineering
- Reducing the costs and processing times in the design and engineering department
- Reducing the risks from the design and engineering department for the company and the project business
- Observing and implementing the NCR process from a design and engineering department point of view
- Close cooperation with the project management, purchasing, quality assurance, work preparation and production departments.
- Establishing and maintaining external design and engineering partnerships
- Administrative and technical supervision of the design and engineering department
- Review and research of third party development programs on state or European level
- Presenting the Company on conferences, fairs, writing of press releases as well as technical reports and magazines.
- Application of Intellectual property if possible to have a wider view to increase the value of the company
- Successfully completed studies in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Experience in structural steel engineering (e.g. offshore wind / oil and gas structures, onshore wind structures, rotary kilns, steel or composite bridge construction desirable.
- Experience with construction processes around design and changes
- Experience in the use of CAD software, e.g. AutoCAD 3D, Tekla, ProEngineer, Catia, Solidworks or similar
- Confident handling of MS-Office 365
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to work independently.
- Very good communication skills and enjoy working in an international environment
- Individual training by a colleague
- Unlimited employment contract
- Above average payment
- Contributions to pension plan
- Individual insurance benefits
- Company Car
- Modern IT equipment
- Professional and personal training