As a company and network, we are active in the areas of building future-oriented, digital and regenerative infrastructure. Our team provides on-site support to our international customers in the areas of offshore wind energy, route construction (mast and concrete construction), 5G mobile phone masts as well as production supervision and project management. Our colleagues are experienced experts in their field. This way we can be sure to solve the challenges of our customers individually.
As a new colleague, you can expect a creative and dynamic team in a growing company with exciting tasks. Personal initiative and thinking, changing and shaping are expressly desired. Individual social benefits and above-average pay are standard with us. If you would like to join our team, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are a flexible and motivated team that values independence and individuality.
The design manager is responsible for and organizes all technical tasks and activities required to meet the contractual obligations for the overall technical concept from the start of the project up to surrender to the customer as well for and controls the allocated design and engineering budget.
The design manager has the authority and the duty to check all activities in his or her field of duty that are required to fulfil the general technical concept of the project. He or she is authorized to assign the corresponding activities in the scope of project implementation.
- The design manager is principally responsible for the overall technical project package and coordinates and controls all technical product activities
- Securing project result based on the agreed project objectives in corporation with customer needs.
- Project monitoring from start until customers approval.
- Coordination of work packages in design and engineering to ensure agreed overall technical concept.
- Coordination of basic and detailed design as well workshop planning in line with specific project specifications.
- Compiling and reviewing the implementation planning of the design in coordination with the customer
- Compiling the project-specific specifications with respect to standards, tolerances, materials, etc.
- Consolidating and reviewing all technical documentation of the design and engineering department required by customer for certification of the design
- Observing the general technical concept of the project from its assignment up to the customer's approval, and, if necessary, clarifying technical warranty facts
- Coordinating the design and engineering activities in the project for preparing the basic and detailed design, as well as for the workshop planning
- Monitoring and tracking the technical progression in accordance with the design and engineering milestones
- Preparing the progression reports and communicating project-relevant delays to the Head of Engineering, Research and Development
- Ensuring the technical specifications and the corresponding required documentation
- Continuous coordination and supporting the general project manager (technical) with issues concerning design and engineering
- Ensuring the communication in the design and engineering department as well as as with further relevant technical departments
- Reporting the hours worked in the applied IT-System
- Monitoring and coordinating the external service providers with respect to rendering the deliveries and services in accordance with valid standards and directives, as well as project-specific requirements
- Rating of technical changes and reviewing the initiated measures as well as their implementation
- Consolidating and reviewing all technical documentation required by customer for certification of the design.
- Assisting and supporting the customer with the approval of the design by the certifier and the authorities
- Successfully completed studies in the field of mechanical engineering
- Several years of professional experience in design processes in steel and plant construction Ideally first professional experience, especially in the preparation of drawings and parts lists.
- Experience in structural steel engineering (e.g. offshore wind / oil and gas structures, onshore wind structures, rotary kilns, steel or composite bridge construction desirable.
- Experience with construction processes around design and changes
- Experience in the use of CAD software, e.g. AutoCAD 3D, Tekla, ProEngineer, Catia, Solidworks or similar
- Confident handling of MS-Office 365
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
- Very good communication skills and enjoy working in an international environment
- Individual training by a colleague
- Unlimited employment contract
- Above average payment
- Contributions to pension plan
- Individual insurance benefits
- Company Car
- Modern IT equipment
- Professional and personal training