Project board for the realization of optimization projects along the entire value chain, in the production of rolls of all kinds.
The goal of the project was to increase efficiency and productivity, reduce waste and inventory, and synchronize multiple production locations.
Client: IEM Fördertechnik GmbH
Category: project-management, service
Project period: 04/2019 – 03/2020
IEM Fördertechnik GmbH plans, manufactures, builds and operates systems for conveying, even bulk and piece goods that are difficult to handle. The company, founded in 1969, is based in the city of Kastl (Kemnath) in the Upper Palatinate (Bavaria, Germany) with more than 160 employees and supplies conveyor systems worldwide.
Part of D.E.S.
- Analysis and optimization of
- Manufacturing layout, manufacturing flow and manufacturing processes
- Material flow
- Assembly and undercarriage (HSE, AS / US, Ergonomics, etc.)
- Warehouse management
- all processes along the value chain from sales to shipping in the roll manufacturing business area
- Drafting a shop floor management system
- Bottleneck-oriented workplace design
- Concept creation of multiple machine operation
- Sale of used machines
- Preparation of make or buy decisions
- Cross-location technology comparison
- Revision of the product portfolio after merging locations
- Determination of employee requirements in roller technology
- Development of areas of application and job descriptions in roller technology
- Responsible for deadlines, costs and quality in the implementation of all optimization measures